Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create Library (Office XP)

Hi all,

Over the course of developing a program, I would like to create a library of codes for future references . How best to achieve this. How to protect the codes from being change .

All suggestions are appreciate.

Thanks Always, kun

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Library (Office XP)

If the code is for your own personal use only, you can store it in Personal.xls. See Legare Coleman's <!post=Personal.xls Tutorial (All),118382>Personal.xls Tutorial (All)<!/post>.
    If the code is to be used by others too, you can create an add-in. See Jan Karel Pieterse's Create Addins.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

What I meant is a library maybe in Excel where I can find the code easily. For example, if I want to look for a code which import text from a csv file, all i need is to key into a textbox the word import or csv and it will give me the code for doing it.

thanks, kun

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could still store the code in a workbook (Personal.xls or another one). You can easily search for a keyword in the Visual Basic Editor - select Edit | Find and specify that you want to search across the entire project.
    Another way would be to copy code you find useful into a Word document. You can easily search a Word document.