2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sending Tables to Excel (Access 2000)

I have been successful in sending tables and queries to excel using the following code:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet <transfertype>[, spreadsheettype], tablename, filename[, hasfieldnames][, range]

My problem is that, I ideally need to be able to send that data to specific ranges in the spreadsheet. However, this code does not allow for the range to be specified when you are exporting data. Do you know a way around this?

Also, do you know if it is possible to send a chart object from Access to Excel? I would also need the data to go with it and all options selected for the Access chart object to travel to excel.

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending Tables to Excel (Access 2000)

It might be better to approach this from the Excel side. You can use Data | Get External Data | New Database Query to import/link Access data into Excel, and create a chart in Excel based on the linked data.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That worked. How do I get it to automatically do this with one or 2 clicks of a button or buttons? I think I would like a button in access to open the excel sheet and then maybe a button in excel to refresh the data.

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can open an Excel workbook from Access using Application.FollowHyperlink or using the ShellExecute API function. See for example <post#=320106>post 320106</post#>.

To refresh a linked table in Excel:

ActiveSheet.QueryTables(1).Refresh