5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

mfcvt32.exe (Home sp2)

A friend has a start up item listed after running MSCONFIG named MFCVT32.exe I have done a google search and can not find any significant information about this file. I did a search on my computer and it does not exist on mine (XP PRO SP 2). Can anyone help with finding out what this file does? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: mfcvt32.exe (Home sp2)

trebor,
    The only mention of that file is mentioned in conjunction with a hiJack problem but no details given.
    The major AV vendors, Symantec, Trend Micro & McAfee don't have anything on it.

Are you sure you have the correct spelling on it? MFCVT32.EXE?

Try disabling it in msconfig and see what happens.
    Have you actually found that file somewhere on the system? Or just mentioned in msconfig.
    If you can find the file, right click on it and look at it's properties to see if there is a clue.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mfcvt32.exe (Home sp2)

Hi Viking, Spelling is correct - I also did a google search and only found "hi-jack" references to it.

Unfortunately, I am leaving town for about a week so will not be able to check if it is actually on his system until I get back.

Thanks for your help.