2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

More than one deadline (2003 std)

Is there any way of assigning more than one deadline per task. I have a hard deadline and a soft deadline which I would like to track.

The hard deadline is useful for resource levelling but it would be good to put in a soft deadline which does not affect the levelling

Any ideas?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: More than one deadline (2003 std)

Matt,

Are you using the deadlines as just a visual marker? You can attach a drawing object to the timescale and could probably produce an arrow like the one from the deadline feature, but it would not have any functionality.

You could also use a FNLT constraint for your hard deadline and a deadline marker for your soft deadline. This would give you the two dates for a single task.

Not sure if this will be what you are looking for. If not post back with more information and there might be another solution.

Carla

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: More than one deadline (2003 std)

Matt,

I had another thought. If you like the deadline marker, you could create a custem Start field. Then display the field in the task entry table.

In Format Bar Styles create a new bar definition. (go to the first blank row)
    In the Name column name the bar anything you want.
    In the Appearance column select a start style of the framed arrow, and no bar middle shape.
    In the Show for .....tasks column leave it blank
    In the Row column 1
    In the From column select the new custom Start field
    In the To column select the new custom Start field

Return to the Entry Table/Gantt Chart view and type a date in the new custom field and you will see the new deadline marker.

If my instructions are unclear I could post a sample plan.

Carla