New Lounger
    Thanks

Word / Adobe Printing Problem (Word 2003 Adobe 7.0)

I am experiencing a really strange issue when attempting to print a Word 2003 doc to Adobe 7.0. The word doc has some mark-ups in it through Track Changes, with the settings being for it strike through the original text. When we attempt to print this document, mark-ups included to a PDF file using the Adobe 7.0 printer driver, it shifts some words at the end of the line to the beginning of the next line. I have updated both programs with all of the latest and greatest patches and am still experiencing this issue. When I print this doc to a normal printer, I have tested against several makes and models using both PS and PCL drivers, the document prints normally.

Has anyone experienced this in the past and have a work around? Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word / Adobe Printing Problem (Word 2003 Adobe 7.0)

Word always formats a document to the currently selected printer. When you create the Acrobat file it is effectively printing to a Postscript printer driver - which is probably not the same printer as you had selected when you were viewing the document.

Check the page size setup in Acrobat, you may be able to fix this there. Otherwise you can set Word's printer to be Acrobat Distiller (Print... change the printer to "Adobe PDF" and then cancel without printing). This should cause Word to layout the document in the way that it will appear when printed to Acrobat. You can then make any last minute changes you need to margins etc. and they should be preserved when you create your PDF file.

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word / Adobe Printing Problem (Word 2003 Adobe 7.0)

Just adding a thought... if you produce lots of PDF files, it may be worthwhile to set "Adobe PDF" as your default printer. Then as you are creating the document, you see the pagination and sizing as it would occur in the PDF file....

Arianna