5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro

Just picked up this little black beauty and it appears to function quite well.
    However.....
    MicroSofties in their infinite wisdom have assigned specific functions to the Function Keys, which is cool.
    However...
    In my case, I develop Access Systems which use the Function Keys to perform particular tasks.
    And these tasks using the new keyboard are not usable.
    MS says you can reprogram the Function Keys with a number of options. None of those options allow you turn the Function Key into a 'real' Function Key.
    So, if for reasons best known to myself, I've programmed F12 to exit the current form and open up another specific form, this capability has been nullified.
    Now, believe it or not, I've been able to keep my old 'wired' keyboard attached and operational and can therefore bounce between the two of them, which is a weird way to have to operate.
    So, long story short, is there a way to turn the Function Key into a Function Key?
    Cheers,
    Andy

Thanks

Re: MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro

There is no "Function Lock" key? While my keyboard is not the same model as yours, my "Function Lock" key enables switching back and forth between the 'real' Finction Keys and the pre-programmed functions.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro

John,

The next thing you know you'll be expecting me to read the manual and/or check the Help File. Seriously, thanks kindly for the help. I didn't even notice that well-marked, obviously for something, F Lock key.
    Cheers,
    Andy