2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Migrating Office2000Pro From Win2KPro to XP S Home

Howdy all. I've just replaced my laptop, runnng Win 2k Pro/SP4, with a new Win XP Home/SP2 machine. I used a migration program (PC Relocator) to relocate my programs, settings, and files. Office 2K works as intended (showing the version as SP3), but I can't update anything, now. All updates that I try to run, and even attempting to run *setup* from the HDD where I copied the cd, or from the cd itself causes the same error message: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". I have deleted the contents of the folder that I had copied the contents of the cd into, and recopied the cd's contents into the same folder. Also, I can't delete ANY of the Office 2K programs from the Add/Delete Programs list. Can anyone let me know the correct procedure so I can continue using, and updating Office 2K?? I suspect that I need to purge the registry of ALL MS Office entries, but I need some guidance here, PLEASE.
    Thanks,
    Mike.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Migrating Office2000Pro From Win2KPro to XP S Home

The easiest way for you is to use third-party uninstaller.

But before you begin to reinstall the Office, make sure you have your Office key ready, you copied your Installation CD to your hard drive, and you download and save in the folder on your hard drive SR-1a (if it not included in your Installation CD), SP-3, all post-SP3 updates and any add-ins you plan to install from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeup...0224971033.aspx

Also install Office from CONTROL PANEL | Add or Remove Programs | Add New Program button on the left pane | CD or Floppy button | Next | Browse and point it to the folder where you copied your Installation CD. (This way if you have or will add another user account, it will be no problem to run Office from it.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Migrating Office2000Pro From Win2KPro to XP S

Thanks, kaplinb. I've looked over the list, and downloaded several to try. Do you have a recommendation for a particular program? Thanks again.

Take care,
    Mike.