3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 datasheet background

Is it possible to set the background colour for a form viewed in datasheet mode in Access97.

Setting BackColor for the detail section or the bound text boxes seems to have no effect, but I'm not sure whether these properties make sense only in Form view.

Thanks

Jeremy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 datasheet background

You don't actually see the form backcolor in datasheet view, you only see the fields, and you have no control over their backcolor.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to change the look, create a form that LOOKS like a datasheet and then you can set the backcolor as you wish.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm using a table to simulate a sort of event log by displaying it in a subform that is displayed as a datasheet and then scrolling it as new "events" are added.

When a certain "critical" event is recorded, I wondered if there was a way to change some aspect of the subform's/datasheet's appeatance to reinforce this.

It's not a big issue - I can change various properties of the main form and other controls - but I didn't know whether the datasheet itself could be recoloured etc.

Jeremy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, you can't. But why not use a listbox instead and write each record to it as a row? That would scroll automatically.
    Charlotte