Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Two Problems (XP Home SP2)
2005-07-22, 22:10 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Escondido, California, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Two Problems (XP Home SP2)
I have some minor problems on two computers.
1. My computer, on bootup, sometmes comes up with the error message "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close." I exit the error box and the computer seems to run normally. Any idea what/why this happens?
2. Another computer at our Senior Center (donated) on booting up pops up a "Lite installer problem" (or similar message that I dont' recall exactly. Frankly, I have no idea what "Lite" it's talking about. Again, any suggestions?
2005-07-22, 22:29 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Two Problems (XP Home SP2)
1) See FIX: DBCS attachment file names are not displayed in Rich Text e-mail messages and you may receive a "Generic Host Process" error message after you install security update MS05-012, and perhaps Generic Host Process Error Message and a Flashlight Icon Appear.
2) Sounds like some form of adware/spyware. Try running various adware scanners, such as Spybot Search and Destroy, LavaSoft AdAware and Microsoft Anti-Spyware.