2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Refresh (2003)

I changed the name of one field and added another field to a BE table. In the FE database I used the Linked Table Manager to update the link by checking the table with the structural changes. I get a message "All selected linked tables were successfully refreshed"
    However, when I then open the form in design mode, under Properties...Control Source dropdown, the field list has NOT been changed, i.e. the new field name is not shown and the new field does not display.
    When I tried an end-run by using the Expression Builder, I can see the BE table with the changed fields. So I selected the new field and opened the form. In the textbox on the form #Name? displays instead of the field contents.
    This PC has only Access 2003 on it. I checked a dll mentioned in a KB article referenced in a post in WOPR, but I have the right version of the dll.
    What happened and how can I make it right?
    Thank you.
    Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linked Table Manager Doesn't Refresh (2003)

A simple thing that might be overlooked.
    Is the form based directly on a table or on a query from the table? If it is from the query , you also need to add the new field to the query.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have you changed the "Control source" property of the control, on the form, so that it refers to the field by its new name?

By default Access (2003 and others) performs name autoCorrect, which means that if you change the name of a field in a table, it will try to change references to that name in the same database. But this does not work between databases, and once you split it into FE and BE they become different databases.

(Standard advice is to turn this feature off anyway, as it adds substantial overhead.)
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Zave,
    Duh...That was it. So much for late night coding.........<g>
    Thanks for your reply.
    Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,
    Thanks for the tip. AutoCorrect is turned on. Access 2003 is a big product. I'm still learning.

Mark