Star Lounger
    Thanks

Links to Contents (Office 2000)

Hi all,

Pls advise how can I create links to the mail message's contents from the mail's summary. That is, I will have a summaries at the first / top part of the mail, and the details at the lower part of the mail message. If I want to look at one of the summary's contents, let say, No 3 line, I click on the link and it will bring me directly to that paragraph.

Hope I am clear on this.

Thanks Always, kun

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Links to Contents (Office 2000)

You'll need to use an HTML editor that provides the ability to code those kind of jump links, than copy the HTML text into the message.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I am not able to create those links that I want. Would appreciate if you can guide me on this.

thanks, kun

Thanks

Do you have FrontPage or another HTML editor? Generally speaking, you mark the beginning of your sections with an anchor tag in this format:

<a name="topic1"></a>

And then you tag your contents entries like so:

Our first exciting topic!

The problem is that Outlook is most definitely not an HTML editor, so you can't do this in Outlook. If you have another HTML editor or you use Notepad or Wordpad, you then can embed the HTML document into your message in at least two different ways: (1) make your HTML file your "stationery" for the message; or (2) use Insert>File but rather than inserting as an attachment, change the drop-down to insert the text (HTML source code) of your HTML file.

Note: the above assumes you are using the built-in Outlook editor. When you use Word as your editor, I'm sure it's quite different.