New Lounger
    Thanks

Recurring event error (All versions)

Originally I had a birthday recurring event for 29-Feb, which of course only occurs in leap years. I kept getting a recurring event error that I thought by removing birthday would remove error. But I still get following error and would like to know how I can find the offending recurring event and delete it. The error shows up when I am using MS Avtivesync (3.7) to sync with a Pocket PC. It has occurred with multiple versions of Outlook (97, 2000, 2003), Activesync and different Pocket PCs and MS Pocket PC OS. The error is:

"The following recurring event cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80180F04. The item will be skipped. Recurring event 'persons name' birthday. Start: 1/03/1988 End: 1/03/1988

A search of MS Knowledgebase produced nothing.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring event error (All versions)

Did you remove the birthday from the Calendar or from the Contact record? You may need to do both.

It seems that MS has not considered recurrences of longer duration than one year. I'll probably forget to renew my passport. Again! You should be able enter separate leap year events by creating them as non-recurring and copy-and-pasting them to subsequent February 29ths.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring event error (All versions)

I removed birthday from both Calendar and Contact records. Viewing recurring records does not show any entry for 1/3/1988 (actual birthday is 29/2/1988) either in Outlook or on Pocket PC. No problem with entering separate events, I just want to be able to remove this stupid error!