5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

creating a build (Access03)

I have a query comprised of the following tables: tblLearners, tblLearnerDepartment, tblTelephone, and tbldepartments.

In the tblLearnerDepartments there are fields for Department and PerDiem2Unit. In most cases the information is the same for each record. The PerDiem2Unit was necessary because if a person was in the Department "Inservice Education" they actually worked on one of the other units. Illustration

Department PerDiem2Unit
    ICU ICU
    Inservice Education ICU

For reports there is a Requested field in the tblDepartment to indicate the required departments. The requested field is a yes/no field.
    What I need is when ICU is selected the people from the Inservice Education department that works in ICU should also be selected.

Question: Is there a way with a build to pull those from Inservice Education Department that equals the other selected departments. If I select Inservice Education department I get all other departments.

Here is the current SQL:

SELECT DISTINCTROW tblTelephone.LearnerID, tblLearnerDepartments.PerDiem2Unit, tblLearners.LastName, tblLearners.Nickname, [LastName] & ", " & [Nickname] AS FullName, tblLearners.Credential, tblLearnerDepartments.Status, tblTelephone.TelephoneType, tblTelephone.[Telephone#], tblTelephone.Extension, tblTelephone.Comments, tblLearners.Inactive, tblDepartments.Requested, tblDepartments.Clinical
    FROM ((tblLearners INNER JOIN tblLearnerDepartments ON tblLearners.LearnerID = tblLearnerDepartments.LearnerID) INNER JOIN tblDepartments ON tblLearnerDepartments.Department = tblDepartments.Department) LEFT JOIN tblTelephone ON tblLearners.LearnerID = tblTelephone.LearnerID
    WHERE (((tblLearners.Inactive)=0) AND ((tblDepartments.Requested)=-1) AND ((tblDepartments.Clinical)=-1))
    ORDER BY tblLearnerDepartments.PerDiem2Unit, tblLearners.LastName, tblTelephone.TelephoneType;

Thanks for your help. Fay

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: creating a build (Access03)

I am not sure that I completely clear about this, but it seems to me you need to include two copies of the table tblDepartments.

One copy is joined to tblLearnerDepartments by the field Department and the other copy joined by PerDiem2Unit.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: creating a build (Access03)

Have you tried joining tblLearnerDepartments to tblDepartments on PerDiem2Unit vs Department ?

... INNER JOIN tblDepartments ON tblLearnerDepartments.PerDiem2Unit = tblDepartments.Department ...