2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Importing data into e-mail (2003)

Hi all,
    I have to send a different e-mail to 90 people. The data (excluding e-mail addresses) is contained in a Excel spreadsheet. For a variety of reasons, too difficult to explain, I have to type the addresses manually.
    What I am trying to do is to export the data from Excel into a e-mail and save that e-mail so I can enter the addresses later on and then send. What I am hoping to end up with is 90 e-mails saved somewhere with the data from the spreadsheet on each e-mail where appropriate.
    Can this be achieved easily? I have to do it tonight! Don't you love tight timelines.
    Thanks heaps.

Bill

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing data into e-mail (2003)

How good are you at VBA coding? You could use Automation to create and save mail messages from Excel. One problem is, how are you going to recognize which recipient belings to which message later on?
    If you're not familiar with Automation, it might be faster, however tedious, to create the 90 mail messages by hand.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Unfortunately VBA just ain't my scene:-( I think I will have to do it by hand.
    Thanks for your help.

Bill

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Bill, it is 6 hours since your original post, so it may be too late, but if you could provide a censored (no actual confidential information) sample of the spreadsheet layout, perhaps we can try to cobble some code together for you. You will find here and in the Excel Forum several code samples to get addresses and other information from Excel and place them into a message.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John. Thanks for your offer of help but this the need is no longer there. I appreciate your response.

Bill