2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Library File (Excel 2003 SP1)

I have a two-fold problem. Yesterday I was working on a spreadsheet that resides on a network share. We lost connectivity to the network and I had to do an end task on the file. When I reopened it, I did not get an option to recover the original file. It just opened as if it was ok, but when I went to run a macro, I get a compile error that it can't find a project or library (it was when I used the Format function). To resolve the problem I went to Tools/References, but when I select References I get another error that says: Error accessing the system registry. Help on that just tells me that the registration database has been corrupted. I completely deinstalled and reinstalled Excel. I still get the same errors. Help?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Library File (Excel 2003 SP1)

Chances are that the workbook is corrupt, not the registry. Do you have a recent backup from before the crash? If so, see if you can run macros in that version.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Library File (Excel 2003 SP1)

Thanks for the suggestion. As it turns out, it was the macros that got corrupted. I do keep backups, so I only had to redo the one I was working on.