2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create New User Profiles

On a WIN 2000 Professional workstation, is there a way to create multiple user profiles from a master or template?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Create New User Profiles

How automated do you want the process to be? Are the accounts really local and not domain/ad accounts? If you have an account that you wish to be the 'master' you could right click 'My Compter', select 'Manage', and use the 'Local Users and Groups' to create the new account. Then right click 'My Computer', select Properties, click on the 'User Profiles' tab, and press the 'Copy To' button. Alternately, the links in the Tools section of Windows 2000: Resource Kits may provide something more automated that will work or be adaptable for you.

Joe
    Joe

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create New User Profiles

Hi There

The answer is yes. A colleague of mine purchased Ghost software that allows you to take a copy of a master PC that has been fully configured and tested. We had a batch of 350 PC's delivered over a month and he was able to sit down and place the Ghost image disc in. Each PC took 10 mins to copy over as opposed to the 60 mins for a 2000 set up.

It just meant for our techy to go around the staff delivering , all they had to do was send a batch of mac addresses to the network guys. Job jobbed.
    Jerry