5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

references (xp/2k)

I am sure that this has been discussed. My database uses 2 custom DLL's that I downloaded. Obviously they need to be referenced. When I transfer the file to the users computer the references need to be reset. IS there some programmatic way I can reset the references when the system loads? Or, can I keep the DLL's on the server which I have access to remotely, upload the file using PCAnywhere, run the file once and reset the references, and when the file is copied to the other computers on the network in the office, the references will remain to the server?

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: references (xp/2k)

In theory, references can be set and updated in code, but in practice, it's almost impossible. If there are missing references when the database is opened, Access doesn't recognize standard VBA instructions any more, so code intended to check references won't work.

One solution is to make sure the DLLs are installed in the same location on each user's PC. Another is the one you propose, to install the DLLs in a shared network folder.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: references (xp/2k)

Have a look at http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/Ac...nceErrors.html for some ideas to try.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada