Thread: .DTF Files?

Thanks

.DTF Files?

I'm using Outlook 2000. Lately, I've started gettings file from people named c.dtf in emails as an attachment. It's an unrecognized format. Also, when I send out Word files, sometimes people will write back and say they couldn't open the attachment, it was unknown format. In one case, the writer sent back the file, and even though I sent it as a word file, it came back to me as c.dtf. I searched the MS knowledge base, but couldn't find anything. Messages were going out as plain text. Anybody know what this might be??

Thx.

-Rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: .DTF Files?

what mail server are you using? is there any content control filter running on the server?

dtf is an unknown format to me, but the symptons point to using RTF format for the messages and they are getting converted, except they get converted to winmail.dat not c.dtf.

Thanks

Thanks. It appears that it is something that happens when Outlooks sends email to Lotus Notes. Options can be set on Exchange Server to solve it, or maybe Lotus Notes can fix it.

-Rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i'd look at using plain text. that should solve it. the exchange connector may be able handle that, depending on your cobfiguration.

Thanks

Strangely, plain text doesn't work, and neither does HTML. I had to send it in Outlook's .RTF format, which usually causes trouble because people get a winmail.dat file on the other end. His Lotus Notes must be configured to handle Outlook .RTF by default.

Thx.

-Rich.

Lounger
    Thanks

According to this web site: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://filext.com/d.htm>http://filext.com/d.htm</A> a DTF file is from a "Q&A Database." Whatever that means.

Mary