3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Letter Wizard Address Layout

When you pull an address from Outlook using the InsertAddress button, it pulls name, address, CSZ, Country. I know how to manage this using the AddressLayout autotext entry (though this will still not get the prefix).

However, when you choose a recipient in the Letter Wizard, it uses something else: Name, Company, CSZ, Country. I want to include title and exclude country. Is there a way to control the address format used in the Letter Wizard? I am using Word 2000.

Thanks

Re: Letter Wizard Address Layout

I would recommend that you read the instructions in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0789718421/balancecheckbookA/> Special Edition Using Office 2000</A> by Ed Bott and Woody Leonhard (Que), pp. 312-318, 763-764. That gives a listing of the different codes that Word recognizes as well as a macro for getting rid of the "United States of America" in the built-in templates. So far as I know, this is the only documentation available on the Letter Wizard.

As a bonus, if you get the book, you also get WOPR 2000!

It doesn't list any way to get the prefix, but you may want to try using <PR_DISPLAY_NAME>.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Letter Wizard Address Layout

I have that book and am familiar with using AddressLayout to format the address. This works for inserting an address using the Insert Address button, but it does not effect the address in the letter wizard.

Re the prefix, there is a MS KB article with suggest you can use <PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX>, but it does not work. I have programmed a solution to get this layout for inserting an address from Outlook.

But I still can not change the letter wizard ...