3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word's Letter Wizard

Is there a way to get into the Letter Wizard to both see what it is doing and to change things? Specifically (at least right now) I want to change the fields used in the recipient address. I am using Word 2000.

JustCallMeAl

Re: Word's Letter Wizard

This works for Word 97, at least.

Find where your *.wiz files are. Open one in Word. Go to the VB Editor and look/change all you want.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Big Al. However, this is not what I wanted because my question is not clear. Word has a letter wizard template, and I can edit this by opening as you suggested. However, most of what happens is a result of the "letterwizard" command inside of Word. This is the same letter wizard command you get from going to Tools, Letter Wizard. The Letter Wizard template calls the letter wizard command (ActiveDocument.RunLetterWizard). So the real question is - can I modify this "command".

I know I can effect the letterwizard somewhat by passing information into into it with "LetterContent". But can I effect it any further. My specific issue right now is can I change the fields used or the layout of the recipient address?

Thanks

Don't know of any way to "get into" it as it is a built-in command as well as a wizard. However, you may want to read the instructions in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0789718421/balancecheckbookA/> Special Edition Using Office 2000</A> by Ed Bott and Woody Leonhard (Que), pp. 312-318, 763-764. That gives the only documentation that I know of on the Letter Wizard. A bonus is that you get a copy of WOPR 2000 with the book.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin