Hi,

This is a tricky one to explain, but here goes! When you type a name to address an e-mail message, and then press CTRL+K to check the name, Outlook should check the appropriate Address Lists as specified by the 'Check this Address List first' setting in the Tools, Options dialogue box of the Address Book.

Now, I have Outlook set to check my GAL first, then my Contacts. Right, imagine if I have Bill Global in my GAL and Bill Contacts in my Contacts. If I type Bill it will underline the name with Bill Global. If I swap the GAL and Contacts round so Outlook checks Contacts first then the GAL, it underlines Bill Contact.

Also, imagine I have Outlook set to check the GAL then contacts as normal:

1. If I have Bill Global in my GAL and 8 Bills in my Contacts, it will underline the Bill in my GAL.
2. If I have 8 Bills in my GAL and 8 Bills in my Contacts, it will check the names and suggest a name from 1 of my 8 Bills in the GAL (and no suggestion from Contacts).
3. If I have 0 Bills in my GAL and 8 Bills in my Contacts, it will suggest a name from 1 of my 8 Bills in the Contacts.

In other words my conclusion is that, when Outlook checks names it looks in the 1st Address Book and if it can find 1 or more names that matches the criteria entered it will attempt to resolve the name FROM THAT LIST ONLY. It doesn't bother checking the 2nd Address Book at all!

Has anybody else come across this before? If so, did anyone find a way to get Outlook to look in both Address Books and suggest names from both?

Thanks, Laurie