New Lounger
    Thanks

Removing print margins (2003)

I have an A4 document where every page has a solid colour rectangle down the outside margin, so it only works if the rectangle is flush to the edge of the page. This works fine provided my default printer is Adobe PDF but to any other printer, I always get a white margin after the coloured block. I'm guessing this is the print margin but I don't know much about it.

Is it possible to remove print margins?

Thanks in advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing print margins (2003)

"Real" printers cannot print to the physical edge of the paper, it would cause spillage of ink/toner, and also cause problems with paper transport. The non-printable area depends on the type and make of the printer - inkjet printers usually have a larger non-printable area at the bottom of the page than laser printers. This area cannot be reduced in size or removed. You can, of course, cut the paper, but then you're left with less than A4.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing print margins (2003)

If you have access to an A3 inkjet printer (friend, co-worker, public library, print shop) you can set your document to print on an A3 format with the margins set to match an A4. I did this a couple of times and it works fine.