2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Frames and Tables (2003)

I have a letterhead template that has a Frame in the header, positioned in the left margin to force the first page margin to be 2" (1" on all other pages). Now I want to put a table on that first page and it keeps jumping down to the next page?????

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Frames and Tables (2003)

Hi Charlotte,

So how big is the table, and how are its paragraphs formatted (eg 'page break before', 'keep with next', etc). If you can attach a copy of the document (sanitised as appropriate), it might be easier to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks

Traditionally, tables were inline with other text and would (or should) print on top of whatever is in the header. At some point, tables became capable of floating and having positioning relative to other drawing layer objects. You might check the table properties and see whether Text Wrapping is set to None and, if it isn't, set it to None and see if that helps.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The table is just one row and two columns. It is part of a RE line in a letterhead template. The "set text wrapping to 'none' " did the trick. I've never had that problem before... even old dogs can learn new tricks. Thank you!