3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit/Find options (Access 2003)

When I run a delete query, it always asks me if I really want to delete xxx rows of data. I uncheck the 3 boxes under Tools, Options, Edit/Find in the database and then send it to my office. When I get the file in the office, these 3 boxes (upper right hand corners) are still unchecked.

I wonder why Access will not retain this info. Is there a way to set it once for all?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit/Find options (Access 2003)

The setting of those check boxes is a user-level setting, not a database-level setting. If you clear the check boxes at home, they will remain clear whenever you run Access at home. But it has no effect at all on the settings at work.

In my opinion, it is a good idea to leave those settings checked for interactive use, it provides useful feedback and may prevent accidental errors, such as deleting more records than you intended.
    You can suppress the warnings when you run action queries in code:

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryDelete"
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I assume that

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

is the same as clearing ALL three checkboxes, right?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It has the same effect as clearing all three check boxes, but it does not actually clear the check boxes, i.e. the settings in Tools | Options remain unchanged.

DoCmd.SetWarnings False suppresses most dialogs (warnings) with an OK button or a Yes/No choice by automatically providing the default response (OK / Yes in most situations)