3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print layout/headers (2003 SP1)

My headers and footers no longer appear when I open a new document In "print layout " view until I have entered them. It also appears as if I have no top margin. After I have turned on "view headers/footers" and turned it off again the document appears to have the space for top margin and header. The same thing occurs when I open a new document from a template that has a header. When I first open the document it appears to have no header or top margin. After I turn on the "view header/footer" and turn it off again then the header continues to be visible as faded.
    This is a recent change and I can not understand what brought it about. I would like to restore the previous behavior. That is when I open a new document with a header I want the header to be visible and faded so I can see the entire layout of the page.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print layout/headers (2003 SP1)

Move the mouse pointer to the very top of the document window, immediately below the top edge or below the ruler. The mouse pointer will change shape. Click once to display the blank space at the top of the page, click a second time to hide it again.
    There is also a setting for this in the View tab of Tools | Options
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print layout/headers (2003 SP1)

Thank you