5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Template for proposal (Any)

I ;know this has been discussed before, but does anyone have a good template for proposals for a database? If it includes a tracking system, even better. It can be in word, excel, access, just not project- that is overkill for me.
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template for proposal (Any)

This isn't really what you asked for, and I must admit it's never been used in anger (it's still a draft, really), but it may help. It's a "Request process" document, which outlines a procedure for requesting a new database / changes to an existing database / a non-standard report, etc. It's a bit on the bureaucratic side, but sometimes that's necessary to obtain a decent specification and make users realise that they're not the only customer in the world!
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, i will try to use it with a smile

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That is closer, but I think it is too technical. What I wrote is simply a list of the fields (not specifically divided by table) grouped logically for an end user. The reports that they want, emphasizing the special programming and design issue for certain ones, and the forms that will be needed to get this information in again those that present unique design issues emphasized. If they sign off on this, then an estimate on a timeline and price. If anyone is interested I will post a general Word or Excel template like this. Any suggestions to improve this will be welcome

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by ThreeCrow on 04-Aug-05 22:55. Correcting the wording. By the guy who did not proof read, before posting. )</P>Link made clickable by HansV - it's to a HTML page, by the way, not to a PDF file

The attachment may help a little more it "is" a model for a Proposal Database.

This "is" the web address if you can "not" open a PDF file.
    Print Version of Proposals, Projects and Donors

This should be a live link, but security on my system will not let that happen.

Hope this helps
    threecrow

Don&#39;t make excuses. It&#39;s what you do, not why you didn&#39;t.