Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hans wath you think.... (2000)

That's interesting - I hadn't heard about the Collect property.

Whether it's useful for you to apply it in your code depends on how often it reads field values, and how long it now takes to run. Collect is faster than other methods for reading values, but the difference is much less spectacular when updating values.

If your code now takes 24 seconds to run, and using Collect would reduce it to 18 seconds, it's hardly worth the trouble.
    But if your code now takes 24 minutes and you could reduce it to 18, it might be worth it.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hans wath you think.... (2000)

Good... comment.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Speed up DAO Recordset code (2000)

... about this article, i acn use this metod to spedd my interfcae from Excel and Access?:

Access World Forums - How To Speed Up DAO.Recordset Code
    (Very long quote replaced with link to source by HansV)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Speed up DAO Recordset code (2000)

Once upon a time, using a language far, far removed, we used to do everything we could to shave time off of sequential processing. Of course, that was way back when we measured time in seconds, not nanoseconds. So shaving 10% off a process that took 2 seconds per record to process 10,000 records was a big deal! We used to have a game we played, which started with the phrase "How many instructions would it take to....". When each line of code processed took a finite amount of time, we had to use anything and everything to save time.

Nowadays, unfortunately, you can be sloppy and no-one will ever know! The baseline study done in the article you referenced took 1,000,000 iterations to save 20+ seconds! Given that, how much time do you expect to save using "Collect". It's like the speed of computers. Once a computer could do a process (like display a picture) in the blink of an eye, how do you measure how much faster one computer is than another?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.