2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Duplicate Toolbar (Microsoft Word/Office 2003)

Can anyone help?

I have a template stored in StartUp which creates a toolbar programmatically when opening the application. The toolbar is manipulated (buttons becoming visble etc) when a document is created. When opening the application or a document I run a true/false to identify if the toolbar is loaded. The true/false cycles through all command bars and if the toolbar is found I return a True, if the toolbar is not found I return a False and then load the toolbar.

I have recently been informed that the toolbar is appearing twice rather than the once - this is not consistent and is very intermittent. I have attempted to replicate but have been unable to do so therefore cannot trap the error.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks
    Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Duplicate Toolbar (Microsoft Word/Office 2003)

Could there be a copy of the toolbar with a slightly different name, e.g. " Custom Toolbar" vs "Custom Toolbar"? That wouldn't be detected by your code.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

The toolbar name is set as a constant to ensure that the correct name is used at all times.

Regards
    Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, but what if a user has been fiddling with the toolbar and renamed it in the Customize dialog or in the Organizer?

(Just clutching at straws here...)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It became evident in a testing environment. The user opened the application, the toolbar loaded, then they clicked on one of the buttons to input their own personal details, closed the userform. Then run a template, via the toolbar - this is when the second toolbar appeared. I am presuming the True/False must have returned a False eventhough the toolbar was loaded.

Very confusing !!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could set a breakpoint on the code that tests for the existence of the toolbar, and single step through it (F8). It's time-consuming, but it might give you a clue to what is happening.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just realised what was happening ..... if the user attempts to run a template they receive a prompt to inform them to set their profile. The second toolbar only appears if the user has clicked on the template before their profile. At least I know where to trap it now.

Many thanks though for your help.
    Jack