Thread: New DC added

Lounger
    Thanks

New DC added

We have a small domain with a Win 2000 DC and Exchange 2003 on a Win Server 2003 machine. For security we added another DC that is on a Win Server 2003 box. The Active Directory data for Exchange didn't duplicate on the new DC (The normal user data did duplicate fine). I fear this lack is the reason for errors reported on the Exchange server about LDAP lookups being unsuccessful with the new DC. How does one update the AD with this Exchange data or is it necessary? We wanted more protection for recovery, so my feeling is we do want to enhance this additional DC. Thanks for help!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New DC added

The exchange data is definetely part of the Active Directory, and it should be replicating. Sounds like something is not complete with your replication setup. I think you need to tell your Exchange where it's supposed to replicate. Can't say exactly where, I still haven't learned my way through the Exchange system manager maze. Look for "replication" tabs where you can specify the other server.

On the other hand, it seems that changes like these can take a few hours at least to replicate, even to a server sitting in the same room! Maybe just see what it looks like tomorrow.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New DC added

Yes, it has had time to replicate, it has had about one month! Thanks for the answer.