3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

German Language in Print Properties (WinXP SP2 Ofc 2003 SP1)

Dear Sirs,
    I created a limited user for a friend to use my computer. I was working with him one day and in order to print something, went into the Printer Properties after clicking on "Print". The first window was normal - in the English language, which is the language of all my programs. The graphics, layout, etc. windows are all in German! I have this user set up to use Spanish. I went into something (I don't remember what, now) and turned off every language except Spanish and English (in my user - the Administrator) - couldn't remember what I did in order to do it for him. Went into MS & printed "How to Configure Regional and Language support for User accounts" and ensured that only Spanish and English are available in the 'default user' area.
    Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this? I have run detect and repair 2 different times - nada.
    Neither of us read German. Of course, it's not a complex window and I can alt>prtscrn the window from my user, but my preference is to be able to read what I am looking at!
    Thank you,
    Julia

Thanks

Re: German Language in Print Properties (2003onXP)

I believe the Printer Properties dialog you describe is part of Windows that Word calls up, rather than a part of Word itself. And this dialog could well be different for different printer drivers. This makes the troubleshooting more difficult...

Can you tell us what printer and what driver (e.g., HP LaserJet 4050 PS)? Sometimes it is more obvious from the title bar of the little dialog that pops up when you click the Advanced button. Hopefully with this information someone with a multilanguage setup will be able to compare the dialog on their system.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: German Language in Print Properties (WinXP SP2 Ofc 2003 SP1)

First, go into the Printers and Other Hardware control panel, then select 'View installed printers or fax printers'.
    Delete, then recreate the default printer.
    If that doesn't help, try downloading and installing the latest printer drivers for your printer (with English settings) from the manufacturer's website.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: German Language in Print Properties (WinXP SP2 Ofc 2003 SP1)

Went into Printers and checked the driver. As far as I know, I have the latest driver. I have a Samsung ML-1710 printer. The Printer Properties window from MY user is perfectly fine - in English. This occurs only in the limited user. However, if it takes deleting the printer and starting over, I will. I will check the drivers again, as well.
    Thank you,
    Julia