Lounger
    Thanks

Refresh Charts (2003 SP1)

My financial model does lots of calculations which lead to cash flow which in turn controls future investments, leading to more calculations, etc. So there are a lot of dependencies. Excel leaves the Calculate flag on even after it calculates. According to information I found in HELP, this is ok, it just means Excel found to many dependencies and so just calculates everything. However, I have charts which just display data that is visible in ranges in the model, and they do not refresh automatically. If I go into Source and retype the ranges, then they update one by one. So my question is: how do I get the charts to refresh automatically, and should I worry that other parts to the caclutation are not being performed?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Refresh Charts (2003 SP1)

I have now discovered that if I save a new copy of this financial model, the charts will all be updated as part of the process. I can find no formulae which appear not to calculate automatically, except the charts do not reflect the data they refer to. But if I save a new copy, everything is fine. Saving over an existing copy does not trigger refreshing the charts.
    Is it possible that if a worksheet has more than 65,000 dependencies, Excel manages to still calculate all the formulae but forgets to refresh the charts?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Refresh Charts (2003 SP1)

Sorry about the lack of replies - it seems that Loungers have little experience in this specific area. Perhaps you can find something in Decision Models - Excel Pages - Calculation Secrets, Downloads and Tips.