Lounger
    Thanks

File Comments (WINXP SP2)

Hello all, I hope this is the correct forum for this question. I am having problems adding comments to photos that I have scanned. Under Help it just tells me to right click on the file and select the summary tab and then I can add comments. Well...all of the items under the summary tab are "grayed out" and I am unable to add comments. For document files this works just fine. What does the file type have to do with this setting? Is there something elsewhere in Windows that I need to change to get this to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Comments (WINXP SP2)

I think these properties are only available for files in general if you're using NTFS. If you're using FAT/FAT32, they are only available for Office documents.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What is the file type?

If the are files made using the likes of Elements, Paint Shop Pro and etc, and are native to that program, then you will need to use the programs to add the "Property information".

Just check, the jpeg files on my FAT32 disk, I can add and or edit the information.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

The photos are Bitmap files (BMP). This system is set as NTFS, but still no luck on being able to put in comments. Photos were scanned in and saved, and now I want to add comments. There wasn't an option to add these comments during the scan/save process using Mirascan.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have very few bitmap files on my systems, but I checked several of them and there is NO way to edit or change any of the properties information.

You may need to change them to a different type, and then you should be able to do what you want. I use "jpeg" for most of my scanning.

Why are you using bitmap file types?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.