helenwestlake

Toshiba Bios Server in Win2K

I am running a Toshiba Techra 8000 that I recently upgraded to Win2K (previously was running WinNT Workstation). Since the upgrade, there is a service called Toshiba Bios Server that continuosly eats 98% of CPU. (This was not running in WinNT). I've searched the Toshiba site, but could not find anything. To get any performance out of my laptop, I've had to disable this service. Any ideas what it is, or why it's running away with my CPU? Thanks!!

Thanks

Re: Toshiba Bios Server in Win2K

See if this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.toshiba.ca/support/Tsbs/600/TSB0666.htm>Technical Support Bulletin</A> from Toshiba helps.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've got, in the pile of machines I mangage, a Toshiba Satellite laptop. This machine has a preinstalled application that chechs for bios updates any time there is an internet connection present. I suspect something similar.

helenwestlake

Thanks for both of the above suggestions. I did make sure I downloaded all the Toshiba Utilities. But that did not seem to clear it up. It makes sense that it was searching for an update, since it used to return an error "unable to find BIOS server", but I still haven't gotten rid of the service! Now it's on "manual" startup, and it doesn't compain, or eat my CPU, so I can live with it. Thanks again for the suggestions!