2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Main form does not open properly (Access 2000)

On opening the main form in an older computer the form cannot be displayed fully and some parts are hidden.
    Is it possile to resize he form in the onOpen event in such a way, as to display all parts of the form on the screen? In the newer computers this does not happen.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Main form does not open properly (Access 2000)

You must always design a form with the lowest resolution on which it will be used in mind.

There are utilities to resize a form on the fly, but they are not perfect. You can also display horizontal and vertical scrollbars, but that is not very attractive.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.You have written to me that i must design a form with the lowest resolution on which it will be used
    in mind.Could you please tell me what do you mean ? I guess you mean the resolution of the computer.After you reply i intend to
    phone the friend with the old computer and ask him to right click the destop and then go to the settings.Ask him what the
    settings are and then make another form for him in my computer with his settings.
    Will you please tel me did i understood you right ? Can i improve the design of the form on his computer ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I meant the size (in pixels) of the computer's screen (monitor). Common sizes are:

640 x 480
    800 x 600
    1024 x 768
    1280 x 1024
    1600 x 1200

If the smallest screen in use will be 800 x 600, for example, it's best to keep that size in mind while designing your forms.