2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reports Printing Shaded (Office 2003)

A contractor is helping some of my coworkers on a project. They are all using the same version of an Access application I maintain.

When the contractor prints reports, they all print with a shaded background. They show on print preview as shaded as well. They do NOT print shaded on my machine or my coworkers machines (the contractor is using his own computer).

Any ideas what could be causing the shading? They're using a Canon BubbleJet portable printer.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Nancy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports Printing Shaded (Office 2003)

Does the contractor have a different Windows theme?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, I don't know. They're working in another state, so I'll have them check.

Thanks!

Nancy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, the machine in question is a Dell laptop running Windows XP and Office 2003. They changed his theme to Windows Classic, same as the IBM ThinkPads our staff uses, and that didn't do anything. They verified he had the same color scheme selected, had the same library references within Access, etc.

They also told me that his forms do not have the same colors as on our machines (I should say this application is used in multiple locations on multiple configurations of computers, and this is the first one where it hasn't worked like everywhere else).

The main menu screen for this application has a dark green background. It's white on his machine. Other forms do not display with correct colors or formatting, either (for example, on his screen text boxes have an outline; not on our machines).

Any ideas of what to check? The display things don't matter. It's the shaded printing we'd like to solve and stop wasting toner.

Thanks!

Nancy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2003 has a setting for "Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms" in the Forms/Reports tab of Tools | Options... However, this only applies to forms, and if he is using the same Windows theme as you are, that can't explain the difference in appearance of the forms. The "Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms" setting is stored in the database.

The problem of reports printing with a shaded background has been mentioned before in this forum, but we didn't find a solution.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.

I'll pass the information along. I appreciate your help.

Nancy