New Lounger
    Thanks

Budgeting (2003)

I am newish to Project and cannot find a particular feature that must be somewhere.
    After creating a project , and tasks with sub tasks I want to apply a monthly budget to the task. That is to say there may be an element of a task that will take 2 months to complete and I want to budget $2 000 as $500 in month 1 and $1500 in month 2.

Is there a way to do this or am I just looking at it wrong?

Thanks in advance

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Budgeting (2003)

Lawrence,

There are 3 values that you can set in the Resource views (e.g., Resource Sheet, etc...) for the "Accrue At" field - Start, Prorated, or Finish. The default is to Prorated. Try looking to see if you are using the default, and if so, change it to accrue at one of the other 2 values. Or, you could potentially accomplish what you want by breaking single tasks into multiple tasks to accomodate however many different accruals are necessary within the original task.
    Don Liebman
    San Diego, CA 92115

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Budgeting (2003)

You might try breaking the tasks up and assigning a fixed cost to the tasks. This might be easier than trying to manipulate the accrual methods. By default project calculates costs for tasks by using:
    The scheduled cost for that portion of resource assignments that have been completed, and any fixed cost that is defined for the task using the formula Actual Cost = (Actual Work * Standard Rate) + (Actual Overtime Hours * Overtime Rate) + Resource Per Use Costs + Task Fixed Cost

Using a Prorated Acrual method for assigned resources and any fixed costs would work if those numbers worked out to be a total of $2000.

Carla

Carla