New Lounger
    Thanks

unsecuring a database (Access 2000)

I have recently secured a database. I am having a few problems with security and I just want to do away with it for now. I remember seeing somewhere where you could export an entire database into a new blank database. So far I have partially unsecured the database. I don't have a login screen being displayed. By exporting the database I am attempting to get rid of all current database security features and to be able to work in an .mdb file instead of a .mdw file.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unsecuring a database (Access 2000)

Question 34 from Access Security FAQ :
    34. How can I "de-secure" a database?
    You must have Administer permissions and/or be a member of the Admins group in the workgroup information file that helped protect the database. Grant full permissions to the Users group and the Admin user account. Put the Admin user back in the Admins group and remove the password from the Admin user. You will not be prompted for a logon ID and password once the password is removed from the Admin user. Optionally, you can also run the Security Wizard again to transfer ownership of all objects back to the Admin user, but the wizard will also remove permissions from the Users group, which you may not want.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unsecuring a database (Access 2000)

Thanks for the help. I had already tried doing that, but I guess I did it wrong the first time. It works now