Lounger
    Thanks

outlining in a cell (excel 2000)

Is there a way to outline in a cell? I have a table in word that I brought over and when it was brought over, it gave a new cell to anything that was outline. I would like to have one cell for all the outline. I tried using the concatenate command to bring it over to the one cell, but I can't seem to keep the format unless I space it to where it needs to go. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: outlining in a cell (excel 2000)

Excel cells are not really designed to hold word objects the way (I think) you want to do it.

You can paste the table as a picture as a word object or some other format and then expand the size of the cell to hold the object

You could insert a hyperlink, in a cell, to link to the word file. Press the hyperlink and the word file will open.

Is there a reason why you want to not use excel's ability to work (like a table) by having each table object in a separate cell?

Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

what happen is that the document was started as a table in a word documents and then it was brought over to excel to calculate some fields. I tried doing the best formatting, but I was just curious. Thanks for the reply though. I kknow if I do a merge, I would lose all the info on a cell.

Thanks

I am not clear as to the "problem". The excel table should come over as a "table" in excel (columns are columns, rows as rows) each item in its own cell. How does "merging" come into it?

Steve