Lounger
    Thanks

Choose Envelope Feeder in Macro (Word 2003)

Since we upgraded our Office to Office 2003, we were having difficulties with printing envelopes from Envelope Feeder. So, I have decided to solve the problem in Macro. First my environment

WinXP; Office 2003; HP4050NT w/Envelope Feeder

What I am trying to do is 1)to print the letter on a letterhead (from Tray 2), and then 2) to go to Envelopes and Labels and print an envelope from Envelope Feeder. I wrote

With ActiveDocument.Envelope
    .FeedSource = wdPrinterEnvelopeFeed
    .Printout ExtractAddress:=Yes, .....
    End With

The macro does not work: when I go debug mode and check the error, it stops at .FeedSource line and the error says "This object is unavailable". What did I do wrong? In the printer configuration, Envelope Feeder is added and is recognized when I just print a plain sheet.

Thank you.

Thanks

Re: Choose Envelope Feeder in Macro (Word 2003)

In many cases, the printer drivers use proprietary output destination codes that are not mapped to Word's built-in constants. Try recording a macro: change the paper trays from default to envelope, then close, the from envelope to default, then close, then from default to tray 2, then close, then stop recording. This should give you all the tray information you need for your current macro. Hopefully!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Choose Envelope Feeder in Macro (Word 2003)

Dear jscher2000,

Thank you for your response. I will try your suggestion Monday when I get back to the work place.