3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Router to Router?

I signed up for Voip and they sent me a Router with 2 phone ports. I replaced my router with theirs. Plugged in my two computers and phone and everything works great. (including the voip phone!)
    My question is that I am about to get a laptop and would like to go wireless ONLY with it. I want to keep my two desktops hard wired to the router.
    So...do I get a wireless router and plug it into the extra port on the router they sent me?
    Can a router be plugged into another rounter???
    Or.....How do I keep my voip, the two desktops hard wired and have a wireless laptop?
    Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Router to Router?

You should be able to connect a Wireless Network Access Point to one of the ports on your router.

If you already have a Wireless device that used to operate as a (router/switch/firewall/DNS Server/DHCP Server/whatever else) then you may need to configure it to disable some of the functionality if you just want to use it as an Access Point. This is usually fairly straight forward, but you didn't say what device it is.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Router to Router?

Thanks Stuart, a Wireless Access Point is what I was looking for. I have an extra port on my router and so it should be no problem.

thanks again.
    Michael