5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dropdown list not working (2000)

For some reason the "current owner" field is not showing as a dropdown, yet this same query shows names as a dropdown on other queiries.
    If you see the attachment you will see what l mean (the part which should be a dropdown is hightlighed in red).

Justin.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dropdown list not working (2000)

I don't understand the sentence "this same query shows names as a dropdown on other queiries".

1) A field in a datasheet (table/query/form) only displays the dropdown arrow if it has the focus.

2) Check the Display Control property in the Lookup tab of the field properties. If it is blank, the field will inherit the property from the field in the underlying table, but if it is set explicitly, it will overrule the property of the field in the table.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What l mean by "this same query shows names as a dropdown on other queiries".
    Is that this sort of query works fine for other tables but not for this particular table.
    I can only assume the field does not have the focus.
    Please could possibly show me an piccy of what you mean by making a field have the focus.

Justin.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

To set the focus on the desired field, open you form, query or table.
    Then carefully move the mouse over the desired field and when the mouse pointer is over the field, press the left button of the mouse.
    Francois