New Lounger
    Thanks

Word - Forms (2003)

Hello - I am creating a form in Word. I have text fields and even though I lock the form and the tabbing works perfectly, when entries are typed in the fields, the next field "dances" - moves.

How can I fix that?

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word - Forms (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If you use text form fields from the Forms toolbar, Word will widen the form fields to accomodate the text as the user types. There is no way to prevent this. Depending on the kind of form you are creating, you might get around this problem by putting the form fields and other text in table cells (using a borderless table).

If that doesn't work, you can also use text boxes from the Control Toolbox toolbar. However, those don't look very nice in print, and they will cause a warning about macros when the document is opened.

A radically different alternative is to create a userform in VBA to collect the information you need, and to use code to place it in the document. You need to be familiar with Word VBA programming to use this solution. See for example post 259,183.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word - Forms (2003)

Hans,

Thank you so much for your quick response! I think I'll try the table suggestion....I'm a novice to VBA.