2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Odd SpellCheck Dialog Behavior (2000 2002 2003)

Has anyone ever run across a situation where the spellcheck dialog shortcut keys (i.e. Alt-i, etc) don't work? If you click them, they work fine, but the shortcuts don't do anything. I've seen it with the CrossEyes addin loaded, and also with my own addin loaded. What's quite odd is that, if you tab out of the text field (where the spelling errors are shown), then the shortcuts work. It's as if something is not passing along your keystrokes properly when you're in the text field.

Dan

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd SpellCheck Dialog Behavior (2000 2002 2003)

I just ran across this same issue and what I found was that we had added a custom toolbar and one of the buttons on there, we had a keyboard shortcut made that used ALT/G which is the same command used in the spellcheck box for ignore all. We kept getting a runtime error 4605. The funny thing is when we assigned ALT/G, it didn't tell us it was being used for anything else, it said unassigned. Funny that they don't tell you those things, isn't it? Anyway, you might want to check to see if what you've added has a shortcut key of ALT/G. That seemed to be the only one of ours that was not working. All the others worked fine. We also have some third party applications loaded from Levit & James, but not Crosseyes. Maybe they took that keystroke for something? As soon as I removed my macro with that keystroke, it worked again in the spellcheck.

Hope that helps some.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd SpellCheck Dialog Behavior (2000 2002 2003)

Thanks a million! That's a great find!

Dan