2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Public Folders Not Public (2003)

I now have a public folder - the network administrator gave me permissions to create folders and they are supposed to be visible to everyone. And so, the top level folder is indeed showing up under Public Folders. However, none of the contents of that folder is showing up. [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img] I dragged and dropped subfolders from my inbox into the public folder. Should I have done it a different way?

Help!

Thanks

Re: Public Folders Not Public (2003)

Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 seem to be very sensitive to ANY customization of folder permissions. Once you have done anything to a folder, it seems to block the inheritance of permissions from higher folders regardless of where you move it or how you try to tweak it at a global level. It's a big hassle for changes to delegations. At least, that's my experience with no guru to guide me.

So in the absence of other solutions, I suggest you create new subfolders of your Public Folder and move the items from your "bad" subfolders into them. Hopefully the new subfolders will properly inherit the Public Folder's permissions and solve this problem!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Public Folders Not Public (2003)

Worked like a charm! Thanks!