4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Personal address Book (Outlook 2000/02)

Hi everyone

I copied my personal address book (with email address) and pasted it into my collegaues outllok folder, I have added the address book on hi outlook but there is nothing on the address book, i did the same thing for other users and it worked.

Thanks skender

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Personal address Book (Outlook 2000/02)

Can you explain in more detail how you did this, including the menu steps you used?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, Located my mailbox.pab file on Outlook folder, copied the file, and pasted into a shared network folder. Then on the users computer that needed the mailbox i located his outlook folder (mailbox.pab ect), copied the mailbox.pab from the shared network folder and placed it in his outllok (deleted the current masilbox.pab as it did not have anything on it) renamed the mailbox.pab to adreesbook.pab. When opening outllook a message appears saying can not locate the mailbox.pab, clocked on browse found the addressbook.pab and finished, when i click on contact or address book icon the list is empty. I followed the same procedure for other people and it worked...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm limited in helping you as I no longer use a PAB and I'm on Outlook 2003; I know that there were significant menu changes from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, so you may have to poke around in 2000, or another Lounger may be able to help.

In Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003, I think you need to first register the PAB service by creating one through this menu:
    Tools | Email Accounts | Add a new directory or address book | Additional Address Books | Personal Address Book
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried your proxedure but it did not work...

Thanks

You probably checked this, but... in the Address Book dialog, there is a drop-down to switch between the Contacts folder and any PABs or other address sources. Is AddressBook.pab listed there? I'm not aware of any security on PAB files, so if there is no data for it in the Address Book dialog, it suggests that the file either is empty or corrupted and you might need to repeat the copy procedure.