Lounger
    Thanks

Help! Mouse Pointer Oddity (VBA Excel 2000)

I'm getting a weird one happening. While in VBA if an Error message pops up the mouse icon changes to the unavailable icon and I can't do anything else in either Excel or VBA editor, I can't click on the error message box, I can't click on anything or do anything (because the mouse icon has changed to unavailable). I can't use the keyboard commands (ALT+F) to get to file save. This is the second time it has happened, and finally I go to Task Manager and end the process. This is really, really annoying. I can ALT TAB to other applications and everything else seems to be fine, CPU usage is not abnormal, memory usage is not unusual.

I'm running Office 2000 fully patched on an XP (also fully patched) box.

Any ideas anyone?

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help! Mouse Pointer Oddity (VBA Excel 2000)

Have you checked carefully using Alt+Tab that there's not another dialog box waiting for input, hidden behind one of the other windows?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, you're fast.

Yes, I did that, I also Tiled the windows horizontally, then vertically, then cascaded them, to try and see if there was an autosave dialog box or anything else waiting for a response but alas, No Such Luck.

Anything else I should try?

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to find anything relevant. Does this happen every time a VBA error occurs?

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your efforts, as a last ditch attempt to resolve the issue, I rebooted. Then I duplicated the steps that led to the problem, and, of course, now everythjing seems to be OK.

I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to Gremlins or Murphy or something, I'll just have to treat it as another of life's mysteries!

Thanks again Hans,
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I wouldn't call rebooting a last ditch attempt. If you have weird problems that have no obvious cause, you should always try restarting the application, and if that doesn't help, rebooting the PC. LOTS of problems vanish like snow before the sun!