Thread: New FP2000 user

Question

New FP2000 user

Hi I am a new FP user (not to mention new web builder)
    I have a problem with new windows being created from hyperlinks . Is there a way to create 'new' windows in FP2000 that initially opens one new instance of IE (target=new) and then every subsequent link uses the original 'new' window and not create a multiple of IE windows for every subsequent link activated?[img]/w3timages/icons/thinks.gif[/img]

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New FP2000 user

NOt an easy way, but what you want to do could be accomplished using JavaScript. Since you mentioned that you're new to developing pages check out these sites for starters in scripts:

http://www.24fun.com/
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

Using JavaScript you can create child windows and destroy them, and pull off other neat tricks. Also - the FP 'new window' feature only works if the web host is on an IIS server. If the host is a Unix/Apache server without Microsoft's wonderful extensions, all kinds of things - including this - will cease working.

Good luck!
    -Mark

Question

Cheers Wylly, I'll look into this today and hopefully find some joy! Thanks for your help it was appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad to help where I can, fake it where I can't [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img] and lead someone deeper into the murky waters of Redmond any time that I can....

Last thing - remember that the preview window in FP is a poor excuse for what your scripts will do in real life in different browsers. Forewarned is forearmed.
    -Mark