2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2003 Footnote - don't split (2003)

Need quick answer - Top Attorney in the firm wants to know how to keep footnotes from splitting to another page. What he wants is for the entire footnote to take up whatever amount of space it needs and eat deep up into the page if necessary and push document text to the next page after the footnote reference.

Thanks

Re: Word 2003 Footnote - don't split (2003)

Can you modify the definition of the footnote style to have the 'keep lines together' attribute?

Ian

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I offered that solution but he wanted to make a universal change - I don't think he understood that changing a style would be a universal change.

Anyway, I created a test document without changing anything about the style and the footnote stayed all together on the page and pushed text to the next page. I think he may be dealing with a converted document. Maybe I'll get to actually look at the document and see what I can do. If so, I'll see if I can try your suggestion. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Thanks

Word does, in some cases, continue a footnote on the next page. I don't use enough footnotes any more to know all the whens and whys. If you get different results in different documents, for example converted versus new Word 2003 docs, check whether there are any relevant compatibility settings (Tool>Options..., Compatibility tab) that affect footenotes.