New Lounger

Suggestions For Organizing Business Packets (Office 2003)

I wonderd if anybody has any organizational suggestions for storing mutiple documents in one document. Just like Excell will allow you to store multiple worksheets in one spreadsheet.

I have a bunch of "packets" that I run my business operations off of. One example of this is the "New Hire" packet. The front of this packet contains a checklist of all of the forms and procedures that need to be completed everytime a new person is hired. Then behind the sheet, is the packet of all of these forms.

Well I'd like to find a better way to store all of these items. The best solution I have which would be perfect is how Excel is setup with the different worksheets. I could have the first worksheet be the checklist, and the corresponding be all of the forms. I could easily find forms to edit, not print whatever. In fact, I have been serioulsy been thinking of converting a lot of my packet's from Word to Excel for this reason. Its a lot of work and I know that is not what Excel is designed for so I don't fee that great about this approach. I'm hoping there is an alternative in some other software, or even better is a way to have mutlips files stored in one file in Word.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 904 Posts

Re: Suggestions For Organizing Business Packets (Office 2003)

The company I work for sells a product that is used to capture knowldege and organize standard procedures. See Zavanta Features for more information.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Suggestions For Organizing Business Packets (Office 2003)

Welcome to Woody's lounge.

You can find our Lounge rules by clicking on the word RULES at the bottom of the page. <!rule=14>Rule 14<!/rule> asks people not to cross post

Since this appears to be the same question as the one in <post#=510,317>post 510,317</post: > I will lock this one, would loungers please reply to the other post.