Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar in Word (XP 2003)

Dear all

I have made a Word form and I want a calendar to be used to select an absence date. It will then be easy to send the whole form as an attached document to a manager. Problem is the only calendar I can find is from the 'Control' Toolbar. This works fine, only the size of the calendar keeps getting bigger every time I open the document and a smaller calendar appears on top. Both calendars work seperately, but I cannot delete just one of them. Am I doing something wrong or is it that this control just won't work in Word???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar in Word (XP 2003)

The Calendar control is an Access control. Although it can be used in other Office applications, it can be quirky.

Are you talking about a form within the Word document, using controls from the Forms toolbar? Or from the Control Toolbox?
    Or are you talking about a UserForm created in the Visual Basic Editor?

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for all your replies

It's a Word document that uses some controls in the Forms toolbar. I tried to add a calendar, but could only find a Calendar control by opening the Control Toolbox toolbar and inserting one from there.
    The reason I want to use Word as a form is that the form could be Saved As.. in a folder on the school network and viewed as it was completed as a completed form. It would probably be more economical if we used pdf, but we don't have the software.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is free software for creating .pdf files, you can do a search for free pdf in the Software Finds and Wants forum.

It's probably best to do without the calendar control.